Illustrated Standard Portfolio of Work
My job, as an illustrator of breed standards, is to portray the "blueprint" of the breed with the guidance of the breed club mentors or judges' education committee and utilizing the written standard for the breed. In creating work for the illustrated standard, it is not my job to interject personal opinions or an "ideal" of the breed as I see it. The best course of action is to merely follow the guidance of the illustrated standard committee in creating an "image" for the breed. This is the part of my work that is, by far, the most challenging. My portfolio of illustrated standards represents a continuing body of work that can serve to both educate and inspire those who cherish and strive to uphold the building blocks of a breed. It is always the hope that the illustrated standard will be a tool for the individual breed club that will be well used and retained as a guide for many years.
Along the way, I have met and worked with some wonderful and knowledgeable people. I would like to thank them all for their assistance which has guided me in creating the drawings for their illustrated standard projects. It is both an ongoing education and rewarding experience. An added bonus of the job is that you meet and acquire many new friends along the way, not to mention the knowledge that is gained from their expertise.
You will find the body of my work prior to 2018 bearing the name Jeanne Flora. With marriage, the name has now changed to Williamson. The work continues under the new name.
To date, I have been commissioned by the following national parent breed clubs:
- American Rottweiler Club - The Illustrated Standard of the Rottweiler
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America Illustrated Standard
- Norwegian Elkhound Association of America Illustrated Breed Standard
- American Bullmastiff Association - Illustrated Standard of the Bullmastiff
- Doberman Pinscher Club of America - The Doberman Pinscher Illustrated Standard
- Giant Schnauzer Club of America - The Giant Schnauzer Illustrated Standard, a blueprint for the breed
- American Hairless Terrier Association - The American Hairless Terrier Illustrated Breed Standard
- Alaskan Malamute Club of America - The Alaskan Malamute Illustrated Standard
- American Toy Fox Terrier Club - The Illustrated Standard for the Toy Fox Terrier
- American Belgian Tervuren Club - The Belgian Tervuren, Illustrating the AKC Standard
- American Rat Terrier Association - UKC Rat Terrier Standard Illustration
- Portuguese Water Dog Club of America - The Portuguese Water Dog Illustrated Standard
- Siberian Husky Club of America - The Siberian Husky Illustrated Standard
- Doberman Pinscher Club of Canada - The Doberman Pinscher Illustrated Standard
- Black Russian Terrier Club of America - Black Russian Terrier Illustrated Study of the Standard
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America - The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Illustrated Standard
- Anatolian Shepherd Dog Club of America - The Anatolian Shepherd Dog Illustrated Standard
- Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America - The Bernese Mountain Dog Illustrated Standard
- Leonberger Club of America - The Leonberger Illustrated Standard
- Spinone Club of America - The Spinone Italiano Illustrated Standard
- American Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Association
- Akita Club of America
- Vizsla Club of America - Vizsla Club of America Illustrated Standard
- American Polish Lowland Sheepdog Club
- The Chihuahua Club of America
- American Eskimo Dog Club of America
The projects listed above will provide a general sampling with previews of my artwork from the individual illustrated breed standards. Some are derived from the completed works, and some are from works still in progress. Each illustrated standard project differs somewhat from the next and all are drawn to the specific needs of the project. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of a specific illustrated breed standard, please contact the breed club of interest.